Totally clueless about where to begin with Snapchat? Have no fear – at Third Eye Insights, we know social media. Here is a breakdown of Snapchat for absolute beginners. Creating a Snapchat Account After downloading the app, you will be prompted to enter your information to set up an account. You will also be able to set up a Snapchat Business account, by setting up an account with Ads Manager here. Complete the following steps to create your business account:
- Input your business name and select the country you will be doing business in.
- Create your first campaign to be set up with your Ad Accounts.
- Input a payment method for your first Ad Account.
- Adding users: To add users to your friends list, you’ll need to search for their usernames. You can also connect to your phone’s contacts list or add users using their specific QR code.
- Viewing stories: You can view and reply to other users’ Snap stories. They will be notified of both.
- Sending snaps: Note, if you screenshot a Snap, the sender of the Snap will be notified.
- Instant messaging: With the instant messaging feature, you can chat privately with users. This is really useful to answer customer service questions. When you reply to a user’s specific Snap sent to you, or a portion of their Snap story, your reply will be sent as an instant message. If you screenshot an instant message, the sender of the message will be notified.
SNAPCHAT STORIESHow it works Publically uploading a Snapchat story will allow your snap to be viewed for up to 24 hours. Portions of the story can be deleted at any time. You’re able to see which and how many users view your story. That means other users can see when you view their stories. While you can watch a user’s story as many times as you want, the user will not be notified of how many times you view it. Utilizing Snapstories for your Law Firm We talked about using Snapchat to promote authenticity and creativity, right? The Snapstory is a key method in which to give your clients exclusive access to your firm. It can be a great way to show your audience the daily operations of your business, and to introduce them to your team. In addition, it gives your employees an opportunity to express their unique personalities. Here, you have the optimal opportunity to demonstrate authenticity and creativity of your brand – allowing you to connect with clients. Live Stories allow users at the same event or a specific location to contribute Snaps to the same community narrative. For instance, major cities (such as Toronto) have their own Live Stories, which are always ongoing. They can also be oriented around a specific event, such as the Super Bowl or the Oscars. Uploading your stories to Live Stories allow your stories to be accessed by even more potential clients. How to advertise with Snapchat Snap ads are 10-second, full-screen videos and can offer some type of interactive element, such as a call to action to visit a specific link. The short clip should provide information about your company and what its products and/or services are. For more creative guidance and development, check out the company’s guide to Snap ad attachments. The possibilities are endless. Sponsored geofilters allow users to send Snaps from specific locations. The lenses can cover a specific location, such as the location of your firm. You can customize it with colors and words. With pricing starting at $5.99, this is an affordable marketing option for any small business. Sponsored lenses are more interactive than geofilters. Filters are applied after a video or picture is taken, prior to sending to friend(s) and/or adding to a Snapstory. Lenses have special facial recognition technology, which allows users to alter their appearance. Snapchat Discover With Discover, Snapchat users view content created by prominent media organizations like Vice, Cosmopolitan and ESPN. Similar to the Stories feature, Discover stories compile both audio-video and photo content, which links to articles and graphics. While brands do have the opportunity to advertise within Discover stories,. Strike Social reports these ads begin at $50,000 for daily rates.
SNAPCHAT TIPS AND TRICKSNow that you understand the basics of Snapchat, here are a few tips and tricks to use the app to your brand’s advantage.
- The best way to use Snapchat to connect with your clients is to give them “backstage” access. As we discussed, you can use Snapstories to document your company’s day-to-day operations in a fun, creative way.
- Upload content regularly. Don’t let your followers forget that you exist. Snapstories are a good opportunity for this, especially for capturing what it’s like to work for your business.
- Interact with other users. Many users use the app’s messaging feature, so be sure to answer any messages that come your way – this will help your firm build a reputation for stellar customer service.
- Sponsor a Snap Ad. Ten-second audio-visual clips are more traditional but allow you the creative freedom to drive an advertisement using video content as you would on Twitter, Instagram or a similar site.
- Design a sponsored geofilter for your firm, allowing clients to tag your location as they make a Snapstory. Offer incentives for them to do this, so that you can unlock the benefits of (almost) free advertising.